Saturday, October 17, 2009

How do you even make a list like this?

I'm trying to make a list of my top movies.

According to Netflix, I've rated 1000+ movies. Only 64 of those have a rating of 5 stars, so that shows that I don't hand out five stars lightly. But that also means I've got SIXTY-FOUR movies that I love. Some are movies from my childhood: Anne of Green Gables, Clueless, the Sandlot, and The Mighty Ducks. There are musicals (Guys and Dolls, High Society), foreign (non-US) films (Amelie, the Princess and the Warrior, Whale Rider), and screwball/satire comedies (Super Troopers, Clerks, Robin Hood: Men in Tights and half-a-dozen other Mel Brooks movies). I enjoy a good indie movie and movies that are unconventional: Big Fish, Conversations with Other Women, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Memento, Snatch, and pretty much every Wes Anderson movie ever made.

So I'll have to think about this a little more before I start making lists. Or just wait and see how Todd tackles this and copy what he does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment